10 Best Hospitality POS Systems in the UK: 2023 Comparison
While it may seem costly to try out new technology, investing in the best hospitality POS systems integrated with EMV (Europay Mastercard Visa) capabilities is essential. Running a hotel, restaurant, spa, gym, food truck, cafe, takeaway, or bakery can be more manageable.
Hospitality POS systems are integral tools for modern businesses. These systems combine advanced technology and user-friendly interfaces to streamline operations. Such systems enhance customer service and manage every aspect of a hospitality establishment, from taking orders to processing payments.
We have taken the time to explore and review some of the best hospitality POS systems. Our team of experts goes into the depths of making the proper recommendations to help you make the right decision. Let’s journey together.
Lightspeed Restaurant: Best overall hospitality system
The LightSpeed Restaurant POS system is a versatile and comprehensive solution designed specifically for the hospitality industry, including restaurants, cafes, hotels, and more.
Lightspeed’s software provides robust inventory management capabilities for businesses, allowing them to track stock levels of both software and hardware accurately. This is especially beneficial for ordering in restaurant POS systems.
We were impressed with the kitchen display as it speeds up the ordering process. The kitchen staff will start preparing orders as they come in. The staff profile feature allows you to provide tailored access for each staff member.
This POS is big on integration, and the most significant benefit is integrating with delivery management software like Deliveroo and Uber Eats. With the system, you can manage multiple stores in different locations.
- User-friendly interface for ordering hardware in a restaurant POS system
- Intuitive design simplifies staff training and reduces errors
- Integrates seamlessly with a wide range of third-party apps
- Lightspeed provides excellent customer support
- It may take longer than a month to implement.
- Higher pricing compared to other ordering options in the market.
- Limited offline capabilities
Lightspeed Restaurant Pricing
LightSpeed Restaurant POS has different pricing plans, starting at 69 EUR
Read our Lightspeed Restaurant POS Review
Epos Now: Best for small business owners
With Epos Now, you can optimize your restaurant’s efficiency and maximize monthly profits. Let’s take a closer look at the key features of this POS system, its pros and cons, and the pricing options available.
Epos Now’s POS system stands out with its strong capabilities in business management, stock control, and user-friendly interface while also offering a wide range of app integrations for a comprehensive point-of-sale solution.
Epos Now’s uncomplicated interface and comprehensive training mode are designed to streamline and reduce the time required for this procedure.
Epos Now left a remarkable impression regarding business management, stock control, and user-friendliness. Moreover, it provides extensive app integrations, adding to its appeal.
The only downside is the lack of CRM features, and the reporting function is somewhat limited.
- Easy-to-use interface that requires minimal training for staff members
- The POS platform offers extensive restaurant integrations to enhance functionality and customization options.
- Affordable pricing plans make Epos Now suitable for small to medium-sized restaurant businesses.
- Some users have reported occasional software glitches or bugs when using Epos Now at a restaurant. These issues can occur at any time during the month.
Epos Now Pricing
Epos Now’s cloud-based POS costs £538.80 INC. VAT
Read our Epos Now Review
Zettle By PayPal: Best for restaurants and coffee shops
Zettle By PayPal offers a range of features that make it a top choice for restaurants and businesses needing a reliable hospitality POS system. Whether running a small cafe or a bustling restaurant, Zettle has the tools to help you manage your operations efficiently.
With its user-friendly interface and robust functionality, Zettle is the perfect solution for restaurant owners looking to streamline their operations and improve their bottom line.
- Contactless payment acceptance through card readers or mobile devices is convenient for customers to pay at a restaurant. This POS system allows for easy and secure transactions, making the payment process hassle-free.
- Restaurant inventory management tools with POS capabilities can track stock levels and automate reordering, ensuring you always have popular items.
- Detailed sales analytics from your restaurant’s POS system provide valuable insights into your top-selling items and trends, enabling you to make informed business decisions every month.
- Integration with restaurant accounting software (POS) for simplified financial management, making it easier for restaurant owners to keep track of their revenue and expenses every month.
- Setting up a restaurant POS system is simple without lengthy contracts or hidden fees.
- You can quickly and easily start with a POS system for your restaurant in a month without any hassle.
- Competitive transaction rates that are transparently displayed upfront.
- User-friendly interface suitable for businesses of all sizes.
- If you require specific functionalities beyond the basics of your restaurant POS system, you may need to explore alternative options.
- Restaurant hardware compatibility may be limited compared to more established POS providers.
Till Systems: from £189
Read our Zettle POS Review
Square: Best for quick-service restaurants
Square for restaurants is one of the best restaurant hospitality POS systems in 2023, offering comprehensive features to streamline your business operations. Let’s look at what Square offers for restaurant POS systems.
Square POS is a well-recognized name within the quick-service restaurant industry, renowned for its strong reputation and affordable pricing. This system offers specialized solutions tailored to the needs of various establishments, including table service, counter service, bars and lounges, coffee shops, bakeries, and food trucks.
One of the standout attributes is the Square dashboard – a real-time, comprehensive overview of your business, enabling you to monitor precisely what’s selling and what’s not. Square excelled in our evaluation, delivering remarkable results in various aspects, including business management, stock control, business development, user-friendliness, affordability, and customer support.
- Intuitive interface.
- It is easy to use.
- Customer support
- Some advanced POS features may require additional paid add-ons
Square POS Pricing
Square has no monthly cost, no contracts, or hidden fees. There are costs for additional features.
Read our Square POS Review
Goodtill By SumUp: Best for for mid-range hospitality business
Goodtill POS System is one of the best hospitality POS systems in 2023 that offers a range of standout features, making it an excellent choice for businesses in the food and beverage industry. Let’s look at its features, pros, cons, and pricing.
Note: Goodtill was acquired by SumUp
While many POS companies provide takeaway tools, Goodtill stands out for its dedicated focus and commitment. In our testing, our experts discovered that Goodtill demonstrated outstanding performance in business management, stock control, and user-friendliness, although its areas for improvement were price and customer support.
- Stock management
- Self-checkout mode
- Staff clock-in/out function
- Multi-user access
- Customer database
- Goodtill’s POS system features a user-friendly interface, making it easy for staff members to navigate.
- Minimal training is required to use the POS effectively. This makes it easy for businesses to onboard new employees without spending excessive time on POS training sessions.
- Goodtill offers excellent customer support for POS systems, providing responsive assistance via phone or email.
- The add-ons can make this POS quite expensive for some businesses
Goodtill POS Pricing
The pricing starts at £49, and the add-ons begin as low as £9
Read our Goodtill POS Review
Touchbistro is a comprehensive restaurant management system offering advanced features and an intuitive platform to enhance sales, delight guests, and save time and money.
Moreover, the TouchBistro reservation feature streamlines the reservation process, enabling you to provide personalized service to expected guests. With this feature, you can track who will be visiting your restaurant and make note of their allergies, dining preferences, and special occasions through customized notes.
TouchBistro’s robust reporting feature provides in-depth insights and analytics to help restaurant owners make informed decisions. It offers detailed data on sales, inventory, customer preferences, and more, allowing for data-driven strategies that enhance restaurant efficiency and profitability.
- TouchBistro is a POS system specifically designed to meet the unique needs of the hospitality industry.
- The POS system’s easy-to-use interface significantly reduces training time for staff members.
- Dedicated customer support is available 24/7.
- While TouchBistro excels in the food service sector, it may not be as suitable for businesses outside this industry, especially those looking for a reliable POS system.
- Some advanced POS features or integrations may come with additional fees.
TouchBistro offers flexible pricing plans tailored to different types of establishments. The solo plan starts at £59 per month.
Read our Touchbistro POS Review
Toast POS is one of the best hospitality POS systems in 2023 that offers a range of features to streamline your restaurant operations. Let’s look at what Toast brings: its point of sale (POS) capabilities.
Toast offers a user-friendly interface and cost-effective option for businesses utilizing Android hardware. However, it’s important to note that the POS lacks integrated payment processors and relies on external integrations for CRM tools.
A notable feature of the Toast POS system that we found appealing is its ability to facilitate tableside orders taken by servers, effectively relaying them to your kitchen and bar staff. However, being exclusively Android-based restricts its accessibility to iOS businesses, limiting its adoption within a significant portion of the restaurant industry.
The inclusion of a dedicated cost management feature enables managers to effortlessly analyze labor and dish costs, incorporating fixed overhead expenses to provide a simplified, unified perspective on overall revenue.
- User-friendly interface: One of the standout features of Toast is its user-friendly interface.
- It simplifies order-taking and staff training, ensuring your team can quickly adapt to the system without much hassle.
- Extensive integrations with third-party apps
- Reliable offline mode
- It is rather pricey
- Required long-term contracts
Toast POS Pricing
Toast has different price bundles, starting at £59/mo
Read our Toast POS Review
Oracle Micros delivers rock-solid, trustworthy, and fortified point-of-sale (POS) systems, catering to various industries worldwide, including restaurants, hotels, resorts, casinos, stadiums, arenas, cruise ships, transportation hubs, and retail establishments.
Our clients can harness accelerated innovation, unparalleled security, and seamless POS system integrations by integrating industry-specific applications from MICROS with Oracle’s comprehensive technology stack.
Enhanced by cloud-based access to real-time analytics, inventory management, flexible scheduling, and seamless integration capabilities, Oracle MICROS POS solutions are the foremost choice.
- As an industry-leading technology backed by a reputable brand like Oracle, Micros brings reliability and innovation.
- Dedicated support team that is available to assist users with any issues or queries they may have.
- Due to its advanced features and customization options, the implementation process of Oracle Micros can be complex and time-consuming.
The pricing for Oracle Micros is customized based on individual business needs. It offers a $1 POS hardware.
Revel Systems: Best for restaurants and retailers
Revel stands out as a cutting-edge iPad-based Point of Sale (POS) solution, adaptable to an extensive array of industries, including the dynamic realm of hospitality, notably restaurants.
What sets Revel apart in our eyes, beyond its remarkable flexibility, is its unwavering offline functionality, ensuring your operations continue smoothly even when the internet goes down.
Revel provides an extensive range of hospitality features, such as online appointment bookings, table reservations, CRM, delivery management, customer display, employee scheduling, restaurant reporting, and tableside ordering.
Apart from Revel’s inherent adaptability, other aspects have earned our favor. Revel offers a robust offline mode, ensuring uninterrupted business operations without an internet connection. Furthermore, Revel is committed to continuous feature additions and improvements, further enhancing its attractiveness.
Revel Systems Pricing
The pricing starts at $99 per month.
Read our Revel Systems Review
Iiko POS (Syrve): Best for restaurants
Iiko POS (Syrve) seamlessly combines various facets of hospitality management with the multifaceted features of restaurant management systems into a unified cloud POS. Whether your goal is to enhance your servers’ focus on customer care or better understand your financial allocations, Syrve is your solution.
Iiko’s distinctive allure lies in its automation capabilities, making it one of the most intelligent POS systems available. It harnesses AI in exceptionally clever ways to enhance its functionality.
By seamlessly integrating this robust software with Eat App, a well-known reservation and guest management platform, restaurant operators can effortlessly harmonize their reservation data with Syrve POS. This synchronization empowers them to optimize table turnover, elevate customer service, and enhance financial performance.
Crafted to address this sector’s intricate and ever-changing demands, Syrve is your partner in achieving success.
- Allows for easy menu updates.
- The system assists in tracking inventory levels, ingredient costs, and vendor information
- Access to comprehensive reports and analytics supports data-driven decision-making
- High initial setup and ongoing costs associated with Syrve.
- Although it has an offline mode, some features may be restricted in this mode.
Iiko Software Pricing
The pricing starts at £49/mo
Read our iiko software (Syrve) Review
Use our POS Comparison Tool